Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tiny creatures hold so much love


Cats are amazing. At approximately 3:30am, I got up with my regularly-scheduled heartburn. Stopping to use the bathroom before heading for antacids and soy milk, I felt two tiny paws on my leg. It was Klaus Thomas the Nomi cat, our latest stray kitten. For some reason, as he sits here a ball on my lap, napping and purring, I can't help but marvel at the remarkable bond that can happen between us and these little creatures. And they are little, especially as kittens. Here I am, this massive giant...and this tiny creature puts his paws on me to say he wants my love and attention. I'd be terrified of something so large if I were so small! I certainly wouldn't be cuddling up to something so towering! It humbles and softens me like nothing else. I guess that's the thing I need to keep some of the hardening at bay as I undergo these painful transformations I've been experiencing. I cherish them so. Phoenix, who's time ended just a few weeks ago...and there's still Dia, Pharon and Bebe (my princess and guardian). Now, little Klaus Thomas has joined the fold and my heart is warmed to see and think of them. So too, is my lap warmed by his tiny, sleeping body. I'm not sure how it is that I've become such a mama cat but it's a position I will maintain proudly, even after my own little one is born. I love having animals in my life and I love all who share their lives with me. Cats, however, have a special spot. I really doubt I would fare well without them.




No comments:

Post a Comment