Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Importance of Hardship and Sharing

Surgery went well and I am on a LOT of pain pills. Each day I feel a little better, even though I'm tired most of the time. I can only raise my left arm straight out in front, lower on the side, and above my head is out of the question. My physical therapist has ordered me to do nothing more vigorous than typing and beading, as far as my arms are concerned. Dr. Gabriel agrees with this, but he has also ordered me to get some exercise, such as going for short walks. The hardest part is not being able to pick up Violet. Instead, I sit on the floor and give her hugs and kisses. Sometimes she sits in my lap. There's still much to do as far as reconstruction is concerned, and I'm not just talking about my breasts.


No comments:

Post a Comment