Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tea and Transformation


I'm pretty sure that this is the absolute best cup of Rooibos tea I've ever had. I've still got half a cup-full left, and I'm already planning a second. Though I typically drink coffee, I have long adored tea, especially when it allows for creamer and sugar. I use coffee to enhance the enjoyment of a moment, or conversation, whereas tea is more like sipping inspiration and daydreams. Tea almost creates the moment. 

While my two days in the hospital was mainly about recovering from surgery, I feel like being home is where the healing truly begins. So far, it's been both relaxing and challenging. It's nice to be able to take naps as I need them, so I can't complain, there. Allowing others to do my daily tasks for me, gets sort of frustrating, however. We never realize how much we do until we can no longer do it. Of course, in my case, this is temporary. I just need to keep that in mind. 

I'm tired, sore, and I have drainage tubes  stitched into my armpits, but amazingly, I feel worlds better than I guessed I would. Honestly, it's not so bad, and yes, I've seen myself with the bandages off. It's a little disturbing, but I try to see my empty chest as an empty canvas. It will be filled in, eventually. Another one of my dear, old friends came over and prepared dinner. It was delicious, and his company warmed the apartment. 

So, I guess this is my life, for the next little while. Another stage in the chrysalis. I must take care in sculpting my reality, through this. The thought of opening my creative self to this new world, excites me, but I don't want to get too lost. There  is much to do, and I need to keep it together for Violet. 

Well, it's beginning t feel like sleep and medication are taking over, and it's time for bed. I shall have to lose myself in the steam of my tea, a little bit later.


No comments:

Post a Comment