Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Were it not for cats...

Speaking of creatures on the in-between...


Even in the midst of crisis and turmoil, I can always count on my cats and their nonsensical ways to break the monotony a bit. Beatrice, or Bebe as we call her (sometimes just Bea, or Bum or Bum-Bum...Bumbelina when I feel fancy) has been my constant shadow and guardian spirit since I've been pregnant. In fact, she was the one who tried to tell me I was with child in the first place. Finally taking "Dr. Bebe's" advice, I bought a pregnancy test and well...


This cat cannot seem to leave well enough alone. Everything I do seems to require her constant supervision. She sleeps right next to me, usually with one fuzzy paw stretched out, touching my back. She follows me around wherever I go (unless of course it's kitty nap time) and heaven forbid I should take a shower without letting her in the bathroom with me! When I brush my teeth or put on my makeup, she's there on the bathroom counter, talking to me in little chirps and purrs. When I do my homework, she likes to stretch out across my text book or sit on my notes. Really, how could I ever get by without her help?






Tonight was especially entertaining, and somewhat perilous. As I was trying to solve polynomials in my algebra book, she would walk across the pages or put her paws right where I needed to see. As I turned back to an example page, she attacked the paper, tearing it a little...unfortunately, my finger was included. 




Fortunately, I have the awesome unicorn bandages my sister got me. The box says they're made with real unicorn tears for extra healing power! I employed the neosporin, anyway. 






Much better! I managed to battle a few more polynomials before moving onto psychology. Ah, my chosen major! Psychology reading should go much more smoothly, right? Well...


I really do adore this cat and I know she's just trying to look out for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment